Scott (a/k/a SJ) Jablonski is a general business law practitioner, assisting businesses and entrepreneurs with their business legal needs in Florida in a broad range of matters including general corporate, LLC and partnership law, corporate structuring and governance, corporate finance, private securities, venture capital and EB-5 offerings, mergers, acquisitions and other business transactions, joint ventures, complex commercial contracts and terms, service and executive employment agreements, and corporate defense support. Scott formerly held positions with one of the world’s largest law firms and one of the largest U.S. law firms. He is fluent in Spanish and proficient in Portuguese, and has considerable experience with cross-border business transactions involving Latin America.
Given Scott’s broad background involving both the transactional and litigation sides of representing corporate clients and entrepreneurs, he frequently serves as outside General Counsel to select small to medium-sized businesses who require both practical and strategic assistance on a wide variety of matters affecting their daily operations, deals and disputes. His representative experience spans a variety of industries, including the insurance, energy, aerospace, transportation, recycling, technology, telecommunications, real estate development, retail and wholesale distribution, food and beverage, music entertainment, and digital and social media industries.
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, University of Pittsburgh School of Law 2004
(Articles Editor of Pitt Law Review; Order of the Coif; Advanced Certificate in International and Comparative Law)
- Master’s Degree in Public & International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh GSPIA 2004
(U.S. Department of Education Foreign Language Area Studies Fellow 2002-04)
- B.A., magna cum laude, Political Science and Foreign Language Studies, Gannon University 1999
(NCAA Varsity Soccer Team)
Admitted to Practice in:
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Ronald A. Brand & Scott R. Jablonski, FORUM NON CONVENIENS: HISTORY, GLOBAL PRACTICE, AND FUTURE UNDER THE HAGUE CONVENTION ON CHOICE OF COURT AGREEMENTS (Oxford Univ. Press 2007).
- Timothy Ashby & Scott R. Jablonski, Land Tenure in Cuba: Implications and Potential Models for Foreign Investment in a Future Cuba, in 16 CUBA IN TRANSITION 268-84 (ASCE 2006).
- Scott R. Jablonski, Translation and Comment: Enforcing U.S. Punitive Damages Awards in Foreign Courts – a Recent Case in the Supreme Court of Spain, 24 J. OF L. & COMM. 225 (2005).
- Scott R. Jablonski, ¡Sí Po!, Foreign Investment Dispute Resolution Does Have a Place in Trade Agreements in the Americas: Chapter 10 of the United States-Chile Free Trade Agreement, 35 U. MIAMI INTER. AM. L. REV. 627 (2004).
- Scott R. Jablonski, NAFTA Chapter 11 Dispute Resolution and Mexico: A Healthy Mix of International Law, Economics, and Politics, 32 DENV. J. INT’L L. &POL’Y 475 (2004).
- Scott R. Jablonski, Public Law 78, in 3 MEXICO AND THE UNITED STATES 679 (Marshall Cavendish 2002).
- Award-winning and U.S. radio charted singer-songwriter and recording artist
- Voting member of the Recording Academy®
- Founder of Acoustic Soul Entertainment Group, a niche independent acoustic music rights management venture